viernes, 6 de mayo de 2011

Santiago de Chile

Thelonious, lugar de jazz



Well, well, well... This time is turn to write about Santiago. The first that I think that I have to say is that I'm in Santiago since march of 2009. This city is very very different from the one I lived before. I was born in Iquique and I lived all my previous years there. Here the life is higly faster than the life in Iquique. To start, the population of Santiago is 5.428.590 people and in Iquique is 216.000 people. You can imagine the difference...
The things that I like from here is basically the culture. Here the movement of the culture is very active and I appreciate this very much. The things that I most visit are jazz music and art cinema. I also like all the public libraries around the city. I have visited the National Library located in Alameda avenue and the architecture of the building is fantastic and also has a big big collection of books and free internet! is a good tip. Also I'm member of the providencia's library network and I can get all the books that I want only paying 5 thousands pesos for year. I suggest for visit San Cristobal' hill. It is enormous and have many paths to explore. There is another hill in Santiago, is called Santa Lucia. There is a castle. The colonizers built it to control the population. Well, good luck

3 comentarios:

  1. ooooo, Iquique is very small, but I prefer the small city, because wen you live a big part of your life in a big city, you boring for the big city, but you are int the certain thing about the culture, regrettable the big core of culture stay in Santiago and no one other city, so sad, well I see you

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree with you in that cultural activities are very active here, is an advantage over other cities in Chile. And opportunities regarding this topic here are higher than elsewhere, one example of this is the topic about librarys you type in your post.

    See you in class.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You right, Santiago has history and culture, we only have to take the most of the culture of our city.

    See ya!

    ResponderEliminar