miércoles, 8 de junio de 2011

Gabriela Mistral Center



Hello. The first thing that I came to my mind was the GAM ( Gabriela Mistral Center). The true is that I don't have paid many attention to the architecture in general and I don't have any memory of a building that blowed me away. I visited the GAM around two months ago, doing a little tour inside the place. It liked me because it has a unique architecture inside. IT isn't like most of the buildings that tries to take advantage of all the physical space to full it with rooms. This place is constructed freely, to satisfy it's own needs. It have largers rooms just with one piece of art, a stair with a circular form and other things that I don't remember very good. It is used like a cultural center. It evokes music, theater, visual arts, literature ( library) and dance, among other things. The first time that I saw it was in it's inauguration in september, 2010. There it was a great visual and music show, with the presence of president Sebastian Piñera. The people is very proud of it, because is a big center of culture in the city with a very active programme. It mixes with the surrounding architecture. It is in a place surrounded by buildings and it is a building also. What makes the difference is what is inside the GAM.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario